Modern contemporary style bedrooms typically feature clean lines, minimal decor, and a neutral color palette. Furniture is often made of sleek materials such as metal or glass and is arranged in a symmetrical or geometric pattern. The space is often punctuated with bold abstract art and the use of natural light is emphasized. The overall look is sophisticated and uncluttered.
Decorative pillows can add both style and comfort to a bedroom. They can be used to add a pop of color or pattern to a neutral bedding set, or to bring in additional textures. They can also be used to create a cohesive look by tying in colors or patterns from other elements in the room. Additionally, decorative pillows can add comfort and support to your bed, making it more enjoyable to sit and read or watch TV. Finally, they can be changed out easily and inexpensively, making it easy to update the look of your bedroom.
The size of decorative pillows for a bedroom can vary depending on personal preference and the size of the bed. Typically, pillows used for sleeping, such as standard and queen size pillows, are 20″ x 26″ and 20″ x 30″ respectively.
Decorative throw pillows for accent can vary in size, but some common sizes are 18″ x 18″, 20″ x 20″, and 22″ x 22″. It’s also popular to have a mix of sizes and shapes, such as square, rectangle, and lumbar pillows.
It’s important to keep in mind the proportion of the pillows to the bed when choosing sizes, so the pillows don’t overpower the bed or look too small.
It’s also important to consider the size of the room and the overall decor style to decide on the size of the decorative pillows.
There are many different types of decorative pillows that can be used in a bedroom, each with their own unique look and feel. Some popular types include:
Throw pillows: These are smaller pillows that are used primarily for decoration and can be easily moved around to change the look of the room. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Euro pillows: These are larger square pillows, typically 26″ x 26″, and are often used as the main pillow on a bed. They can be used to add a pop of color or pattern to a neutral bedding set.
Lumbar pillows: These are long, rectangular pillows that are great for adding support to your lower back when sitting in bed. They can also be used as a decorative accent.
Bolster pillows: These are cylindrical pillows that can be used to add support to your head and neck while sitting up in bed. They can also be used as a decorative accent.
Neck roll pillows: These are small, cylindrical pillows that are used to support your neck and head when sleeping.
Toss Pillows: These are small pillows that are used for decoration, and can be easily moved around to change the look of the room.
The type of decorative pillows you choose will depend on your personal style, the size of your bed, and the overall look and feel you want to create in your bedroom.
The number of decorative pillows in a bedroom can vary depending on personal preference and the size of the bed. A good rule of thumb is to have enough pillows to create a cohesive and balanced look, without overwhelming the space.
For a standard size bed, a good starting point is to use 2-4 pillows for sleeping, plus 2-4 decorative throw pillows. This will give you a balanced and cohesive look without overwhelming the space.
For a king size bed, you may want to add an additional 2 pillows to the above numbers, to make the bed look proportionate and full.
It’s important to keep in mind that the number of pillows you use should also depend on the size of the room and the overall decor style. If you have a smaller room or a minimalist decor style, you may want to use fewer pillows. If you have a larger room or a more ornate decor style, you may be able to use more pillows.
Ultimately, the number of decorative pillows in a bedroom should be determined by what looks and feels comfortable and visually pleasing to you.
Decorative pillows can be placed in several different locations in a bedroom to add both style and comfort. Some common places to put decorative pillows include:
- On the bed: Pillows used for sleeping should be placed at the head of the bed and arranged in a symmetrical or asymmetrical pattern. Decorative throw pillows can be placed in front of or behind the sleeping pillows to add color or pattern to the bed.
- On a chair or bench: Placing a few decorative pillows on a chair or bench at the foot of the bed can add visual interest and comfort to the space.
- On a window seat: If you have a window seat in your bedroom, placing a few decorative pillows on it can create a cozy reading nook.
- On the floor: Placing a few decorative pillows on the floor in front of a bed or chair can create a comfortable spot for sitting and reading.
- On the wall: Some decorative pillows can be hung on the wall as a decor element adding a touch of color and texture to the room.
A reading corner in a bedroom is a great place to add decorative pillows for both style and comfort. Some ways to incorporate decorative pillows into a reading corner include:
- On a chair or armchair: Placing a few decorative pillows on a chair or armchair in the reading corner can add visual interest and comfort to the space. You can choose pillows with different textures and patterns to create an inviting and cozy look.
- On a window seat: If you have a window seat in your reading corner, placing a few decorative pillows on it can create a cozy reading nook. You can add pillows in different sizes and shapes to create a layered and comfortable look.
- On a bench or ottoman: Placing a few decorative pillows on a bench or ottoman can make the reading corner more comfortable for sitting and relaxing.
- On a shelve: If you have a shelve in the reading corner, you can place some pillows on it as a decor element, adding a touch of color and texture to the space.
- On the floor: For a more casual and relaxed look, you can place a few decorative pillows on the floor in front of a chair or bench in the reading corner.
- It’s important to keep in mind the overall look and feel you want to create in your reading corner when choosing decorative pillows. You can choose pillows that complement the color scheme and decor style of your bedroom or choose bolder patterns and colors to create a focal point in the room.
Ultimately, the placement of decorative pillows in a bedroom should be determined by personal preference and the overall look and feel you want to create in the space.
Decorative pillows can be made from a variety of materials, each with its own unique look and feel. Some popular materials for decorative pillows include:
Cotton: Cotton is a popular choice for decorative pillows because it is soft, durable, and easy to care for. It can be used in a variety of different weaves, such as percale, sateen, or twill, to create different textures and looks.
Linen: Linen is a durable and natural fiber that has a unique texture and drape. It gives a rustic and elegant look to the pillows.
Silk: Silk is a luxurious and elegant fabric that can add a touch of glamour to a bedroom. It can be used in a variety of weaves, such as satin or dupioni, to create different textures and looks.
Velvet: Velvet is a soft and plush fabric that can add a touch of luxury and warmth to a bedroom. It’s perfect for creating a cozy and inviting ambiance.
Microfiber: Microfiber is a synthetic fabric that is known for being soft and easy to care for. It’s a budget-friendly option that can mimic the look and feel of natural fibers.
Wool: Wool is a natural and soft fiber that offers warmth and comfort. It’s a great option for the colder months and gives a rustic and natural look.
Synthetic materials: Some of the synthetic materials used for decorative pillows include polyester, nylon, and acrylic. They can mimic the look of natural fibers and offer durability and easy care.
The material you choose for your decorative pillows will depend on personal preference, the overall look and feel you want to create in your bedroom, and durability and care requirements.