In the interior of a house every detail carries its own function and practical meaning. When planning repairs, people spend hours thinking about the color of walls, furniture and décor. But what about the doors? Internal doors in many homes are often undervalued. But they are important not only in terms of visual perception, but also in terms of practical purpose. They carry several tasks, so their choice should be taken quite seriously.
In this article, we’ll talk about the interior doors materials, designs and functions they perform. When choosing from different options, first of all, pay attention to the materials for internal doors. This is the main criteria on which much depends. Color, solid or hollow core, hardware style are also important.
Solid wooden doors
It’s a traditional option for those who want to have a classic touch to the house. It gives a sense of warmth, coziness and naturalness to the interior. People often prefer pine, Douglas fir, maple, walnut and cherry. Thanks to their natural patterns, they can favorably emphasize the interior of homes made in a classic style, loft, rustic and ethno.
- wooden doors are durable and solid;
- will last for long;
- are resistant to scratches and cracks;
- they provide luxurious look;
- are excellent sound dampeners.
- they are very expensive comparing to other types of materials for prehung doors;
- they are prone to deformation in humid conditions, so it’s not advisable to use them in bathrooms.
If you decide to choose solid wood for the interior of your house, it’s a very good idea to make your home comfortable and warm.
Those who prefer modern design styles, such as hi-tech, modern and neo-classicism can choose glass interior doors. Due to the wide choice of colors, patterns and forms of glass partitions, they are growing in popularity among the buyers.
- they are easy to clean;
- they are not prone to corrosion, rust, deformation in conditions of high moisture;
- they have different patterns and you can choose any color and drawings you want;
- can be transparent or frosted depending on your wishes;
- are cheaper than wood and metal;
- allow solar light and heat in;
- modern glass doors are very resistant to scratches and impacts.
- are subject to frequent soiling and hand marks, especially if there are little kids in the house;
- are not sound-insulating;
- allow less privacy than the wooden ones.
Glass of any form and with any frame can be ordered to make your home more light, spacious and modern.
Steel doors are becoming more and more popular among customers due to such advantages:
- they are durable and secure;
- their price is much more affordable than the wooden ones’ cost;
- they are energy efficient.
- are prone to scratches and dents, which are noticeable and difficult to repair;
- are sensitive to temperature changes, so we don’t advise using them in the bathroom and sauna.
Medium Density fiberboard (MDF)
The material is a wooden product made of recycled rests of wood fibers. It is one of the most popular options for medium-class repairs because of their affordability and accessibility.
the material is durable;
it’s much more resistant to temperature changes and humidity than wood;
the doors are light-weight and don’t look bulky;
are easy to paint and maintain.
The only drawback the MDF doors have is that they don’t grain the way real wood does.
There are some significant differences between hollow and solid core doors. Last ones are made of molded composite exteriors or sometimes of plywood.
- solid-core exit replicate the appeal of wood but are more affordable;
- they have good insulation and sound-dampening;
- they are not sustainable for severe weather conditions: moisture, heat and cold.
It’s a perfect blend of solid wooden features but the inside of the door is empty. It makes the structure light-weighted and cheap.
- are the least expensive because are made of plywood or molded composite;
- can be easily painted and maintained.
- the doors are not very durable;
- are not-resistant to temperature changes and moisture.
As you can see, every material has its own advantages and drawbacks. You can choose different types of wood for interior doors based on your preferences and needs. Some kinds of wood are not suitable for the bathroom, for example, so take professional advice when choosing the best option for your home.
You can buy doors for interiors by link https://unitedporte.us. Their consultants will help you to make decisions so that this important detail in your house or flat serve for years.