You’ve just moved into a new home, and you’re starting to think about your wardrobe. You want something that’s both functional and elegant.
In this article, we’ll talk about design touches to create a functional and elegant wardrobe.
Plan Your Wardrobe
Planning is one of the most effective ways to create your perfect wardrobe.
1. Start by identifying your personal style. What are the colours that fit your personality or lifestyle, think about the design and how you will go about storage spaces.
2. Once you know your style, start thinking about the pieces such as lighting, door handles, storage space etc.
3. Ask yourself what type of items you’re going to store. Are you going to keep jewellery, handbags, sporting gear, formal clothes etc.?
4. Think about the size. Do you have enough space in your room for the wardrobe? Perhaps hire a professional who can provide suggestions about the dimensions you need.
5. Finally, don’t forget about the lighting! Lighting gives life to your wardrobe.
Choose the Right Materials
You want your wardrobe to be functional and elegant; luckily, achieving this look is not hard. Start by choosing high-quality materials for your wardrobe. This will ensure that your clothes look good and last a long time.
Wood is always a good choice if you’re unsure where to start. It’s solid and durable and can be painted or stained to match any décor.
Another essential thing to keep in mind when choosing materials is storage. Make the shelves and drawers adjustable so you can
customise them to your needs.
Create a Functional Layout
Creating a functional layout is key to making the most of your wardrobe. You want to be able to see and access everything easily.
1. Start organising your clothes by type—pants, shirts, dresses, etc.
2. Hang or fold everything neatly so you can see what you have at a glance.
3. Use shelves and drawers to store seasonal items and accessories.
4. Make sure there’s plenty of space to hang clothes in the closet and on the rods.
5. Keep frequently used items within reach.
6. If you have a lot of clothes, consider investing in a storage unit or using vacuum-sealed bags to save space.
Hire a professional
Let’s face it, we would love to design and make our own wardrobe, which is good. However, there are aspects of upgrading your dream wardrobe that requires professional expertise.
You can spend the day organising your disarrayed or cluttered wardrobe, but an experienced designer can do much more. They may come up with new and unique wardrobe design ideas that you might love.
They are experts in the closet-designing industry and have opinions on efficiently designing a wardrobe that suits your lifestyle. Do not waste your time and efforts reinventing the wheel yourself; instead, hire a professional closet designer who already knows everything about it.
A functional and elegant wardrobe doesn’t have to be a dream. You can create one by adding a few key design touches.
Start by decluttering your space and removing anything you don’t need or wear. Add some storage solutions that will help you organise your clothes. Finally, add decorative touches to give your space a polished look.