We all know that when it comes to the areas of a house that must be vacuumed, stairs are by far the most difficult. So, there’s no bigger pain than cleaning the stairs, especially when they’re covered in thick carpet. There is also the issue of climbing, which is exhausting when you have to drag a vacuum cleaner up and down a flight of stairs while you bend and stoop to clean every corner and edge of the staircase. Unless, of course, you have one of the best vacuums for carpeted stairs. Here is our collection of Best Vacuum for Stairs.
Dyson Ball (formerly DC65) Animal + Allergy Complete Upright Vacuum with 7 Tools – HEPA Filtered – Corded
The first vacuum cleaner on our list is another wonderful Dyson model. The Complete Dyson Vacuum for Allergy and Animal needs. For Allergy sufferers and Animal owners, the Dyson Ball Allergy + Animal Complete Upright Vacuum (Formerly DC65) is a beast when it comes to cleaning and includes 7 of the best Animal + Allergy attachments available.
Though I’ve had a Dyson in the past, I stupidly went to a different brand hearing they were better… It was a good vacuum, but it was heavy and awkward and needed bags and… it just wasn’t the same. My wife and I both agreed it was time to go back. This particular product came with extra tools that we already really enjoy – we have a mix of carpet and hardwood, and though we don’t HAVE to, sometimes we use the flat floor head. We have children who like to make messes on our couch, so we use sundry attachments for that. Our stairs? Carpeted. Guess what works great – no, not that, the Dyson works wonders. Love it.
- Lightweight and very manouverable with extreme suction. Awesome vacuum!
- Ball Technology for easy steering. Certified Asthma and Allergy Friendly.
- Sometimes sweeper keeps falling off when in use
Shark’s original full sized Powered Lift Away; The canister detaches to deep clean hard to reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning. Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Good brush pattern
- Handsome looking machine with a nice color scheme.
- Unmatched versatility and ease of use. The fingertip controls allow for easy powering on/off and quick transition between hard floor and carpet mode.
- The mini motorized brush tool is an excellent tool that I have not seen offered by many manufacturers.
- Tad on the heavy side.
- The internal cyclone technology is just not good.
The Zero M self cleaning brushroll delivers nonstop hair removal. Zero M removes long hair, short hair, and pet hair from the brushroll. The LED lights on the handle and floor nozzle provide visibility in dark spaces, spotlighting hidden debris. With Advanced Anti Allergen Complete Seal, dust and allergens are trapped inside the vacuum.
The roller and wheels are very smooth making it easy to push and pull. When pushing forwards, it almost feels like the vacuum is pulling forward and helping you along, but unfortunately that means it is fighting you a little when you are pulling back. It isn’t bad, but my wife said it might be a little bit of a workout. I’m really impressed with everything about this vacuum. The rollers are made of soft cloth material and do a great job of picking up things. It works well on hard woods, carpet and more! This is an easy rating of five stars. This is hands down one of the best vacuums I’ve ever used. Possibly the best at picking up dirt and trash, and close to the best in features and design.
- The design is very clever and nicely done. It is clear that a lot of engineering has gone into the design of this SHARK vacuum. It has LED lights so you can see in the corners or up under the sofa or anywhere you are trying to clean.
- Vacuum was great for the first 6 months. Purchased in February 2019 and it stopped working half way through vacuum today…despite taking care of the vacuum and maintaining it as needed.
- To heavy and hard to use in upright position
This is my second Shark vacuum and I really like this brand! Oh my God! I can’t even begin to describe how impressed I am! ?
With the Shark Navigator I actually enjoy vacuuming! (I mean, I’m still not doing it for fun ;) but I’m also not actively avoiding it!) I end up vacuuming the whole house anytime it’s out just because it’s actually not an insufferable chore with the Shark. And I’ll usually end up doing something extra like the cobwebs in the corners or dusting a shelf while I’m at it because the attachments are also easy to work with.
I often end up buying a tool that I think will be ~the~ solution to all of my household problems (when really the solution would be to just DO the work!) and then the tool just sits there because the problem is ~me~ not the tools but with the Shark I have been pleasantly surprised that it actually HAS helped just because it’s so easy and comfortable to use. The suction is great, yet it’s NOT so strong it that it will tear fibers. My Kirby third generation did not pick up half the dirt this thing does. I researched all the shark vacuums and I am happy with this one , easy to swivel , but if you detach the container , the suction goes with the container , you cannot take the container off so you can vaccum under something, the pic is misleading in that , you would need a proper attachment to go under something. So far so good and happy with our purchase!
- Little amazing vacuum
- Cleans really good
- Easy to switch the different settings for your different needs
- Swivels very easily
- Not loud
- Good price for a main brand good quality vacuum.
- Filters easy to clean.
- I wish the cord was longer and the crevice tool was longer. It’s slowing me down having to re-plug the cord for every room.
- Canister is ridiculously small
This is the second Eureka vacuum we own. The previous one last for more than 15 years. This one is much lighter and easier to move around and more powerful. Comparing to the old one, this one can glide to different surfaces without any hussle. It has a very handy long hose so that I can clean different area easily. Moreover, the suction release valve is very useful. I can maneuver on thick carpets easily.
Meet Magnesium RS, the newest addition to the Oreck Magnesium model line! Like the original Magnesium, it’s got incredible suction power but more features. At 7. 7 pounds*, Magnesium RS is the lightest, full-powered, swivel-steering upright vacuum cleaner in America. With its new Slim Swivel Design and furniture-friendly, low-profile physique it’s an effortless way to maneuver around any obstacle and clean every floor in your home—upstairs and downstairs. The wireless two-speed Quick Switch in the handle enables you to select the right power levels and move smoothly across all floor types. The large, high-performance wheels give Magnesium RS the agility it needs for every surface, from hardwood and tile to plush and frieze carpet without stopping for manual adjustments. It’s so lightweight that carrying it upstairs is a cinch and so powerful it feels self-propelled.
- It’s light and has good suction
- Ergonomically correct handle
- Versatile and highly effective at cleaning virtually any floor surface
- It doesn’t illuminate anything.