It’s December, which means it’s time to start decorating your home for the holidays. But should you go to the local Christmas tree farm, lot or tent or should you go to the store and buy an artificial Christmas trees? Whether you’re looking for something classic or a unique eye-catcher, there’s an artificial Christmas tree here for you. Looking for Something Different This Year? Buy an artificial Christmas tree or a frosted Christmas tree made with the highest quality materials.
Amazon is here to help you. You can choose from short to tall, slim to full, lit to unlit. Nowadays, most artificial Christmas trees now come pre-lit, so you can skip the temper-fraying ritual of distributing lights evenly around the branches and focus on the decorating. Shop Balsam Hill for the perfect tree and inspire new holiday memories. From highly convincing imitations to creative designs inspired by real trees, there’s a better and more interesting range to pick from today than we’ve seen in any of our Christmases to date. We also have a selection of beautiful wreaths, garlands, and Christmas decorations to put the finishing touches to your home this holiday season.
- Full shape, 6.5 feet tall (including stand), and 53 inches wide. Tree pictured is 7...
- Features PE True Needle tips (70%) for realism and PVC Classic Needles (30%) for...
- Composed of 4,550 branch tips and 630 hand-strung clear LED lights
- Covered by our 3-Year Limited Warranty
If you spent weeks researching and comparing dozens of artificial Christmas trees to choose the perfect one, maybe our selection might help you. Artificial Christmas trees are becoming ever more popular and accepted. Warm lights glow along the lush, realistic spruce-style branches to create a bright and inviting look.
Find the best artificial Christmas tree for your holiday celebrations. Here are the upsides and downsides to the festive centrepiece to help you decide which to opt for this year.
Fake Christmas tree pros & cons
- While some faux Christmas trees may seem costly up front, they typically last between ten and fifteen years, making them a more sound financial investment than real trees.
- Artificial Christmas trees are convenient, typically requiring only simple assembly and fluffing once a season.
- You don’t have to worry about watering or maintaining your artificial tree throughout the season.
- You are not cutting down a live tree and disturbing animals that may inhabit it.
- A plastic tree is made from oil, which is responsible for most of its carbon footprint.
- Easy to instal. Haul it down from the attic, unfurl the branches and voila! Your decorations are up. Plus, you can buy it pre-lit. Anybody who’s ever tried to string lights on a tree can attest that it’s not a task for the faint of heart (or the impatient). Buying a pre-lit tree saves time, money and maybe a few fights with family members.
- It could have negative environmental effects. If you buy an artificial tree, the American Christmas Tree Association recommends keeping the tree for nine years to offset the environmental impact.
- It looks the same every year. If you like some variety in your life, once you commit to an artificial tree, you commit to the same style, size and appearance for years.
- The latest models are lush, full-bodied, with incredibly realistic looking.
- Standing at 7.5-Feet, this hinged artificial tree is an eye-catching addition to any...
- Easy-to-fluff branches are C in 1346 tips to create the illusion of a full-bodied...
- Sturdy foldable steel base provides stability to keep your tree standing tall and...
- Disassembles into 3 hinged sections to allow for easy assembling, dismantling, and...
- ATTENTION: ONLY purchase from Best Choice Products to ensure that you're buying the...
- 6-foot hinged Christmas tree is an eye-catching addition to any room during the...
- Easy-to-fluff branches are covered in 1000 branch tips to create the natural...
- Sturdy metal base provides stability, prevents breakage, and keeps your tree standing...
Real Christmas trees pros & cons
- They look and smell better because they are real.
- Shop local. If you buy a real Christmas tree, you’re supporting tree farmers in your community.
- You get the quintessential holiday experience of going to the farm (or tree lot) to select a tree with your family.
- Though modern candles and air fresheners come close, nothing can exactly replicate the invigorating scent of natural pine.
- Most sources indicate that real christmas trees have a slight advantage when it comes to environmental friendliness.
- They are also usually cheaper than fake ones, but unfortunately they are for one Christmas
- It’s fun. Going to the Christmas tree farm with your loved ones and picking out the perfect tree can make for a fun holiday outing, and let’s face it, chopping down your tree is extremely satisfying.
- Buying a real Christmas tree eliminates lead concerns. Many artificial trees trees are made with PVC, which can contain lead. There is no federal regulation for lead in artificial Christmas trees. And you probably won’t find a faux Christmas tree without PVC in it.
- Real trees are flammable and they can transform your festive home into a fiery death trap.
- It is considered best, if you do buy a real tree, to get one with a FSC certification.
For this post, I have put together a collection of the best artificial Christmas trees currently available on Amazon. Enjoy!
With that in mind, what are the pros and cons of real and fake Christmas trees as the time comes to make your choice?